In order to improve your greater Calgary or Edmonton area home’s energy efficiency, your attic is one of the most accessible areas for installing high-grade insulation products. Most residential attics contain poor grade or insufficient insulation. With the application of attic insulation from IDEAL Insulation & Roofing, you and your family will take advantage of such benefits as improved air circulation, decreased heating and cooling costs, and protection from fire, mold, moisture, and infestation. Our Calgary insulation contractors can help you select from our company's range of attic insulation materials that exceed our standards of excellence. Attic insulation products have changed over the years and now include improved R-value ratings. If you are constructing a new home then consider choosing a higher R-value to lessen the energy burden on your air conditioner or furnace. Upgrading the attic insulation in an older model house is a cost effective alternative to replacing doors, windows, and HVAC appliances, so ask our Calgary insulation contractors how you can get started!
Prior to commencing any attic insulation installation project, we recommend that homeowners complete the following “attic insulation inspection to-do list”:
- Identify any issues or problems pertaining to your attic insulation before our inspector enters the attic space. This can include water stains on your drywall (ceiling or wall), temperature issues in specific areas of the house, or comments made by house inspectors.
- Locate and provide access to all attic hatches. If located in a closet make sure to remove personal items to allow our inspector to gain access.
- Remove any personal belongings you may have stored in your attic and be prepared that any plywood blocking access to the insulation may have to be removed.
- If you are renovating and / or performing any electrical work please ensure that your pot lights are I-C rated. This type of pot light is permitted to have insulation installed over top without any cover or border.
Our Calgary insulation contractors will then carry out a thorough inspection of your attic to check for structural specifications, and form a plant to tailor our services to fit your exact needs. We then ask you to complete the following “attic insulation installation to-do list”:
- Budget 1-2 hours for our Calgary insulation crew to be on site for a standard attic insulation installation. More in depth jobs that involve insulation removal or extensive vapor barrier repair will take longer.
- Don’t worry about clean up because our workers upgrade lived-in residences every day. We are well prepared to lay down poly from the outside to your attic hatch and clean up after ourselves upon completion. As we are working in your attic there will be very minimal disruption to your household.
- Note that any roofing work quoted will be executed by a different crew. Although we are all part of the IDEAL family, any roof vents, goosenecks, or soffit venting will be installed by a member of our roofing department which most likely will occur during a separate site visit. You will not be invoiced until all work is completed and you are fully satisfied.
Our attic insulation procedure adheres to strict safety regulations, is always handled by fully certified and experienced professionals, and will be completed with unbeatable efficiency! As a part of our 10 year workmanship warranty our Calgary insulation specialists will provide ongoing feedback and support to make sure you are totally satisfied with our end results. We won’t be satisfied with our work unless you are! Once our attic insulation installation is finished our team will thoroughly vacuum all areas of your attic to eliminate any traces of airborne dust, chemicals, or any other unhealthy particles.
IDEAL Insulation & Roofing’s coverage areas include Calgary, Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Airdrie, Spruce Grove, Leduc, Okotoks, Cochrane, Stony Plain, Strathmore, High River, and Canmore, Alberta. Trust our attic insulation professionals to make your family’s winters cozy and their summers super comfortable! Depending on your needs, we can also provide you with other amazing options like spray foam insulation, blown-in insulation, wall insulation, insulation removal, commercial insulation, and roofing services. Check out our gallery to view some of our beautiful project photos, read our client testimonials, and visit our FAQ page to have some of the most commonly asked questions answered for you! Feel free to contact us at any time to ask for a complimentary estimate and to inquire about our financing options and referral program. Our Calgary insulation pros can’t wait to hear from you!