Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam insulation has become the answer to insulating difficult to access residential spaces that traditional insulation methods often fail to address. These can include joist ends, rim-joists, small surface areas, frost walls where multiple tie-ins are required, and other hard to reach spaces. IDEAL Insulation & Roofing offers spray foam insulation which is a fantastic option for keeping your home energy efficient and well protected year round! Prior to analyzing your house to help you determine if spray foam insulation is the right product for you, our Calgary insulation contractors ask that you conduct a thorough “spray foam insulation inspection”:
- Full access to the areas that require spray foam insulation. All cladding must be removed so the entire surface areas are visible.
- A common request is for IDEAL to open up walls or to remove cladding. As much as we would like to help, our contractors are professional insulators and do not possess the resources or tools necessary to perform these services. If you require general contracting services we suggest consulting the BBB list of accredited home renovation companies. Click here for more information.
- Any and all moisture issues must be addressed on site prior to considering spray foam insulation as it is not a solution to seal over water damaged areas, especially if the source has not been resolved. If our spray foam insulation is installed on a wet surface it will be prone to de-laminate.
During their initial in-home visit, our Calgary insulation experts will discuss the advantages of our spray foam insulation material with you in detail. Our company offers two styles of spray foam insulation, each with their own benefits. Open cell (also known as half-pound foam) spray foam insulation is ideal for tight spaces due to its expansion characteristics, and it possesses superior sound proofing attributes and is a very cost effective option. Close cell (also known as two-pound foam) has a higher R-value per depth inch with a minimum 2” depth application which will seal all penetrations and provide a superior attic vapor barrier. Once you have made your choice, our Calgary insulation contractors ask that you complete the following “spray foam insulation installation to-do list”:
- Your premises must be vacated for 24 hours after our spray foam insulation is applied to ensure proper off-gassing. The details are contained in the attached waiver which is required for all lived in premises. Please take into account this health and safety protocol when considering the viability of your project.
- The areas that are to receive the spray foam insulation must be completely clear of all loose particles. The foam agent is sprayed at a very high rate of speed, so any dust or debris must be clear of the vicinity to ensure the safety and quality of the installation process.
- All spray foam insulation must be covered by an approved thermal barrier such as drywall or an approved thermal fiber such as Hibar.
Many questions have been raised regarding the safety of spray foam insulation. IDEAL is committed to providing quality products that are safe for our workers to install and free of any dangers to our customers and end-users. We proudly install Icynene spray foam products. To learn more please review the following H&S documentation, and our spray foam insulation overview. Our spray foam insulation is covered under our 10 year workmanship warranty.
To find out whether spray foam insulation is the right choice for your home in the coverage areas of Calgary, Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Airdrie, Spruce Grove, Leduc, Okotoks, Cochrane, Stony Plain, Strathmore, High River, or Canmore, don’t hesitate to speak to our friendly contractors! You might also want to consider our other exemplary insulation services that include attic insulation, blown-in insulation, wall insulation, insulation removal, and commercial insulation. Our company is proud to offer the most affordable and customer-oriented services in Alberta, including roofing services! Read our FAQs to find answers to some of the most asked questions about our services and visit our gallery of project photos to see our Calgary insulation contractors in action! Our customer testimonials may further help you decide if our spray foam insulation products are your best choice. Contact us at any time and we will be more than happy to outline our financing options and customer referral program. Contact us today for a free quote!